Graduate Test Development Engineer
Who are we?
SMS is one of Europe's leading Electronic Manufacturing Services companies, committed to providing high quality Contract Electronics Manufacturing and Product Life Cycle Support. Having recently achieved the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, topping the HSBC International Track 100, and this year being named the ‘Fastest Growing Company in Nottinghamshire, it’s an exciting time to join our team.
We now have an opportunity for a Graduate Test Development Engineer to join our Test Development team at our manufacturing site in Beeston, Nottingham. We require a newly qualified Electronics Graduate who is interested in developing their career in this role. The role requires someone with multidisciplinary skills to support and develop the test processes required to meet our customer’s demands and challenges.
After suitable training, some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Creating/modifying bespoke functional test programs for complex electronic equipment
- Analysing test result data to find route cause failure mechanisms and opportunities to eliminate repeat occurrences
- Improving on existing test implementations and their associated software applications
A requirement of the role will be to develop and maintain effective relationships with our key customers, therefore it is imperitive that you have excellent communication and problem-solving skills to effectively analyse and improve our test processes. There will be ongoing projects for you to lead and/or be involved in, which will form part of your ongoing personal development with SMS Electronics.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for passionate and enthusiastic self-starters, with a keen interest in electronics manufacturing. A relevant Bachelors/Masters degree in Electronics is essential, and ideally we are seeking graduates with some experience of manufacturing and/or programming skills in C++ or Visual Basic.
What is on offer?
- SMS aims to retain all of our graduates on an ongoing basis, providing permanent employment with excellent progression opportunities not only within our Test Development Engineering department, but across the wider business as well.
- We have in place robust Individual Development Plans for all of our graduates, which roadmap our expectations for your progression, and are linked to our salary and reward incentives.
- Amongst other benefits, we offer a competitive salary, 26 days holiday per year in addition to statutory entitlement, and an attractive Company Pension Scheme.
Interested candidates should send a CV and letter of application to: Hayley Aldread, HR Manager, SMS Electronics Limited, Technology Drive, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1AD or by e-mail to: Hayley.Aldread@smselectronics.co.uk